Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Sunday, September 24, 2006

GO!! IRISH!!

Well, I'm still processing the comeback in the last five minutes of the game Saturday night. On the interception that sealed the game, I'm pretty sure the ball made contact with six different places on both players before it was finally hauled in. That is what I like to call the luck of the Irish!

My dad went to bed at halftime grumbling about how it was going to be another long game for ND. I really enjoyed being able to tell him that he missed an incredible comeback for the "W". Then the Redskins decided to play like a professional football team and I ended the weekend as a very happy camper.

Friday night involved black light bowling and my friends getting mostly retarded drunk while I sat out still recovering from this stupid cold. There's really not much funnier than drunk rednecks, drunk girls, black lights and random 80's, hip-hop and country music. I had talked so much crap to my friend Stacy the night before about her UVA football team that she had promised to mop up the lanes with me. Like any self-respecting male, I scoffed at her, right up until she rolled spare, spare, strike, 9, spare, strike.

Ummmmmm.... uh-oh.

In a performance that I'm sure would have made Dick Weber, or at least Big Ern, proud... I was able to come back strong and win by 12 pins. This led to a subsequent bet where I picked up several free drinks for next weekend and was able to give the full Ric Flair "whooo!" and strut after striking in the final frame of the 10th to seal the deal. There was just something in the air as I bowled next to what appeared to be three former members of Alabama in the dark while "Ms. New Booty" by Bubba Sparxxx played. Ahh, the wonders of living in a redneck paradise.

Fantasy sports decidedly suck this week as I'm going to come up short in both my fantasy baseball leagues since I haven't been able to record a W since the beginning of August apparently. Football is a mixed bag, but there's still time to make up for any lost ground there. I think a few more days of no poker and I should have rejuvenated the brain enough to start looking at cards again.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares