Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Friday, September 01, 2006

48 Hours

"Sir, that's not very friendly. You just sat in and you're already raising my blinds... I don't even know you." '-- PokerDon

"Oh, I'm going to introduce myself." -- Old guy that owned PokerDon

That was just one of the gems that Shep got Don with as the last hours at the Borgata dwindled down. He was very entertaining... the middle aged women that I had to play with throughout the day were not. I've for a long time thought that listening to poker stories was among the least entertaining things going on, particularly while sitting at a poker table, though I unfortunately do occasionally still do it myself.

But during this trip I discovered a new, more grating and unpleasurable experience: listening to poker stories in one ear while listening to old women complain about people telling poker stories in the other. Ma'am, I don't particularly give a shit that you suck at poker and aren't intelligent enough to glean the good information that is being discussed at the table while simply ignoring the stupid or the bad. I don't particularly care that you don't like these young kids that have played poker on the computer for two years and couldn't possibly know everything about poker that you have learned over the past forty years. And no, I really don't care whatsoever that the advent of the ATM machine was apparently a black mark in your overall opinion of American society.

Thank god for the i-pod.

The poker, however, was a good net result. The path to the result was a pretty ridiculous rollercoaster but I am loving this 10-20 game at the Borgata and looking forward to eventually hitting up the 20-40 later this year. Sometimes the guys and I discuss how it's difficult to get people to relate to your poker success that aren't poker players. One of my boys has tried breaking it down to an hourly rate with his fiancee but that still doesn't impress. After a few conversations with another friend of mine, she devised her own system: relate poker winnings as to purchasing power of shoes.

"How'd the trip go?" I made 11 pair of Manolos. "Good job."

I don't think that PokerTracker has the adjustment for BB's to Manolos just yet, though.

In other randomness as I was walking out of the poker room for some lunch I passed by a table with one of my high school math teachers in the three seat, which was a little surreal. Even more so by the fact that it made me realize that my 10 year reunion is this fall. That sure happened fast.

So for now it's three days off, then back to AC for the start of the Borgata Fall Open. Up there for three or four days, then back home to pack and then off to Vegas for a week. I have a distinct feeling that I will have lost all measure of time and date by the time the middle of September rolls around.

Perhaps more on this trip report before the end of the weekend.

Comments:
There is a new poker site targetted at online poker players that may be of interest to you. Check out www.milliondollarpokerexperiment.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares