Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Poker is an evil mistress...

You feel like breaking up with her and then she lures you back in. Things went much better on Saturday night at the tables and I made up my losses and more from Thursday. I found pretty much ideal situations in position a number of times and was able to minimize my losses when I had some pretty big hands that were ultimately losers. Messed around on Sunday night and just played some goofy, loose tournies with the guys. But when we got down to three handed in the hold'em tourney, we actually played some poker. That thirty to forty minutes was worth the $20 to play.

Those are the situations that you almost never get to practice enough and that can make a quantum difference in your game overall if you are comfortable with them when they come up. Turned right around on Monday night and I think it made all the difference in the world on my way to another win. I had a good stack and pretty much abused the table when we got to six handed and almost doubled my stack through only preflop raises. I took a real tough beat three handed that left me short, but a well timed pair of Kings got me out of the hole and I used a combination of decent cards and a lot of aggression to carry me through. I really, really love playing heads up poker. The psychology of what's going on is more important than the cards in my opinion. I just leaned and leaned and leaned, and when I felt like I had pushed enough I would back off a bit, give up a few pots and then start leaning again. In the end, it worked and I got my opponent to start pushing with decent hands but I always had the better one.

I'll be playing my sit n' go challenge on PokerStars, as well as the WSoP satellite that I'll be running, which is tentatively looking like either the 18th or 25th of this month. I'll have my first update on the SNG challenge next Wednesday.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares