Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Donkey of the Week

Yeah, it's me.

I played like a complete and total donkey last night. Maybe I'm so out of practice with NL cash games that it was inevitable but I just made the most basic mistakes you can make, and busted twice because of it. It should have been three times but I got lucky and sucked out on the river on one hand.

If I haven't played badly this week, I've flopped the nuts and lost to runner-runner. But mainly I think I've just played bad. Horrible. Incompetent.

That, and of course PokerDon got me on the river when he was a 4-1 underdog. (Yes Don, I know there was no way you couldn't get your money in on that hand.)

After sessions like that one I try and figure out all this mistakes I made and how I could have done anything differently. After going through last night's session, I'm amazed that I've been playing poker for this long and did those things. I so obviously ignored my own instincts and the tells I was being given that I deserved to bust every time last night. My concentration was completely lacking and most likely because I was underestimating most of the guys I was playing with. I don't know if that's because I know most of them so well but I'm sure that has something to do with it.

All in all, I think that's pretty much the grand summation of my poker play of the last few months, lack of concentration. I haven't been taking my game serious enough every time I play and I can only hope that last night was a strong enough wake up call to get my act together the next time I'm at the tables.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares