Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Aces and Kings and.... threes??? Oh my!

"How could you make that call?!" - Patrik Antonius

"How could you make that bet? This isn't solitaire, this is poker." - Doyle Brunson

I thoroughly enjoyed that little snippet of last night's WPT telecast. Nothing like calling a $4 million all-in with pocket three's and being a 3-2 favorite. Of course, if every time I raise a pot some former Norwegian catalog model came over the top of me, I might get a little tilty too.

Qualifying for the Grand Tournament

Or perhaps a better header would be, "Getting Nowhere Near Qualifying for the Grand Tournament". Everytime I've gotten close the EV monster jumps up and snaps me off. I've basically just been scraping through to the final six or seven in the MTT qualifiers and then bend over and prepare to get punted straight out of the tourney. I'll make a big push here over the next two days... I'm dying to play this damn thing and really enjoy a truly deep stack tourney. (Plus someone's gotta take a shot at bettering PokerDon's 20th place finish from last time.)

I've also enjoyed the GSOP that they've now built around the Grand tournament, I'm just sorry that I've missed some of these enormous overlays this week. They barely covered the guarantee in the first event, and then had a $50K and $75K overlay in events #2 and #3, and 20 minutes to start time for #4, they are looking at another $70K overlay in the limit hold'em event. The only disappointing thing is that they didn't include a seven card stud tourney. I'm not sure how PL 5 card draw gets an event and stud doesn't but that's something to be addressed for the next GSOP.

A SNG Challenge

I've seen a few of these posted on other blogs I read, and it sounds like an interesting idea, so beginning in May I'll be taking on one of my own. I'll start out with $10+1 SNG's and I'll endeavor to knock out 100 of these things. I'd try and do more, but I'm gone at least 25% of next month on travels around the country, so I think 100 may be a challenge in and of itself.

I haven't decided which site I'm going to try this on yet either. I've got accounts at Party, Stars, Pokerroom, Paradise and FullTilt. I'm thinking I might try it at Stars since I've played so little on there of late, plus it'll make my put some more money on and maybe I'll actually start participating in more blogger events also. If anyone has any suggestions on other sites, I'm perfectly willing to listen.

I'll post my results weekly.

A WSOP Qualifier

I've been promising friends of mine locally that I was going to organize a satellite online for a prelim event at the WSOP this summer. If it's a success I'd like to run two or three altogether. In the hopes of getting more entrants and thereby holding down some costs, I'm also going to extend invites out to readers and other bloggers to participate. I'll have more info available with the site upgrade beginning May 1st. But for now, if you have any suggestions on good sites to host it on, I'm all ears (er, eyes, as it were).

Comments:
This is very interesting site... »
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares