Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Friday, December 30, 2005

Cannot... win... online...

This has been a semi-brutal month for me playing poker. I'm down about $600 on the month, which although not terrible by any stretch, is still bugging the hell out of me because I feel like overall I've played better than average. The losses have been about 3-2 between NL hold'em and some Omaha Hi-Lo. In fact, I've logged a lot of hours of Omaha 8 this month. It is by far my favorite game other than NL hold'em but I've had mixed success. I have been playing mostly 5-max Omaha 8 at $1-2 and $2-4, with a few hours spent playing at full tables. I still need to log a lot more hours playing but I think, as I mentioned in another post earlier this month, that this game could be incredibly profitable. It appears to be the same mix of about 25 players, of which, I think 6 know what they're really doing.

It's been an especially harsh last couple days, my last three sessions being a net loss of 80BB. There are about four pots I can attribute it to also, so I'm not so concerned with the loss. I keep hearing how Razz is such a big kick in the balls, but I'm really beginning to think that Omaha 8 could give a run more the money in that category. When the action is capped in front of you when you're holding the nuts on every street until the river puts a higher straight on board, or pairs, or counterfeits your nut low... well, bruised testes abound.

But overall, I've definitely enjoyed it, I'm learning a lot, and hopefully after another month or so, I'll be much more comfortable with my opponents. On the NL hold'em front, my live play has been very positive. My online play has not translated into the same success. I don't know what it is, but the last two months I can't win online NL ring games, but I have been killing in my live play. It doesn't make much sense to me but hopefully it will turn itself around in '06.

Booked a room for the Borgata Winter Poker Open with some friends. I'm definitely playing in the first event, possibly the second and trying a couple of the supersatellites for the main event. If anyone else is going to AC for the tournament, leave a note, wouldn't mind finally meeting some fellow bloggers.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday, and will have a safe and happy New Year! See in 2006...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares