Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Friday, November 11, 2005

TILT

Well, I was privy to just about the funniest thing I've seen in poker on Wednesday night. The usual group of us decided to get together and have a little birthday sit-n-go for our buddy Richard. We bought him in and then put a $50 bounty on his head for the evening. As has been the case lately, I was mostly cold-decked for the night. I finally got a spot to make a move on someone and he turned over his one good hand for the night, Aces versus my Ace-Queen, and I was crippled and out the next hand. Not surprisingly, I got knocked out holding Ace-Queen. I'm beginning to see what Negreanu and Doyle mean about that hand.

In any event, we get down to four handed play with JT, Matt, Richard and his brother Jack. Approximate chip counts are: JT with 1000, Richard with 600, Jack with 300 and Matt with 100. Richard picks up Presto (55) under the gun limps in with blinds at 15/30. Jack pitches his hand and JT goes in the tank for a minute. There had been a little glitch in Richard's routine before he bet which I guess made JT suspicious. He raises it to 90 and Richard immediately goes over the top all-in. Jack folds and JT has Richard count it down, after thinking for about twenty or thirty more seconds he calls.

I'll give you a second to determine what hand you think JT might hold in this situation.

And now I'll confirm that there is no earthly way you'll guess that he turned over J 8 of diamonds.

Jd8d versus 5h5s.

Flop comes 10c 7c 2s, turn is the 9s and Richard is now drawing dead.

The look on Richard's face when the 9 fell is something I will forever regret not having on videotape.

Beers: $12
Buy-in: $50
Calling your friend's all-in with J8 suited and busting him: Priceless

Richard stared at the board for about three minutes while the rest of us laughed our ass off, he got up, walked away and then came right back to look at the board again. Matt is dancing in his seat because he just made the money on some bullshit and JT cleaned up the two of them in about five minutes and Richard was still in shock as we cleaned up the place before leaving.

All I could think about as I watched this transpire was reading in BadBlood's blog the other day about a G-Vegas joke about the fictional character Bitch Suckleton. Richard sat down and got it broken off in him by Bitch Suckleton on Wednesday night.

We've got about five hours of talking about that hand ahead of us on the way up to AC on Sunday night.

My prediction: Richard is still on tilt, and if he sees J8 of diamonds while we're up in AC, he'll break out in hives.

Comments:
Sad to say I just got back from a bowling tournament and decided to log in and do some websurfing. John I love your blog. I had some very good laughs. I am doing a paper on custom clay poker chips and have been downloading information for the last hour. I don’t know how I came across this post but I am glad I did. It has set me back a little because I have spent the last hour reading your archives. If you don’t mind I would like to add you to my favorites so I can back again and read some more. Well I need to get back to custom clay poker chips. I am almost finished with it. Great job.
p.s some very good points on your blog
 
Sad to say I just got back from a bowling tournament and decided to log in and do some websurfing. John I love your blog. I had some very good laughs. I am doing a paper on discount poker chip set and have been downloading information for the last hour. I don’t know how I came across this post but I am glad I did. It has set me back a little because I have spent the last hour reading your archives. If you don’t mind I would like to add you to my favorites so I can back again and read some more. Well I need to get back to discount poker chip set. I am almost finished with it. Great job.
p.s some very good points on your blog
 
I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding discount poker chip set and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) John your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on discount poker chip set was way off when compared to this post and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for discount poker chip set for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really enjoyed it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
 
All I can say is WOW John. The other half and I just got back from our friends house (well her friends house) and I needed a huge break. I am working on a project right now that is based on nfl poker chips. I have literally been on-line for 2-3 hours doing research. Even though this post really isn’t on the same page as nfl poker chips I am certainly glad I came across your blog. There are a ton of great view points on this blog. Well I think I can here the kids screaming in the background. I put you in my internet favorites and I will certainly come back and visit. If you want to take a peek at my site you can find me here at nfl poker chips. I update my site very frequently. Again, great job blogging and I will be back again soon!
 
I was expecting something different when I visited your blog. Well I think the information on this blog is great. I have my own blog and I wish I got half as many comments as your blog does. Anyways, I am a fill in teacher at a local high school and I am always doing research on various areas of interest. This weeks topic relates 85% to your blog. I already bookmarked you for future use. If you want to exchange information I will leave my link at the bottom of this. If you don�t mind I will add my 2 cents to this blog topic once in awhile. Although most of the time I just like to read and see what other people�s thoughts are! (hey I am a teacher!)
Thanks again!poker chips uk.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares