Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Hand Discussion #1, Continued...

Well, I had hoped for more than 2 comments, but they both get right to the chase of the mistake I made.

The original raiser is a very tight player so his leading right off with a bet sent alarms off in my head. My first reaction was that he had hit a higher set than me, unfortunately I just didn't listen to my gut and smooth called his bet. There was one more caller behind me.

Flop: 9c 8d 5c

Turn: 8c

Dammit! Paired the board... why did you have to pair the board, dealer!?!?!

Raiser leads out for $50 and I still couldn't get the fives out of my hand.

The river was a brick and he ended up having 99 in his hand for a better boat which cost me an additional $87 after the flop to see.

I completely misplayed this hand as I should have raised the flop to figure out where I was at. I still don't know that I wouldn't have called his reraise as I would have had him on either an overpair or a higher set, and I think it's incredibly hard to absolutely give credit for him having a higher set. But the action should have been dictated on the flop and not past it. I got myself pretty much stuck on the turn when I picked up a full house.

It was an $80 lesson in how to play a set with that kind of board, so I suppose I'd rather learn that lesson at these stakes than make the same mistake playing 5/10 NL.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares