Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Thursday, October 06, 2005

A decent beginning...

...of the week.

I've been feeling very confident with my game the last couple weeks, even though there has been a dearth of actual playing. Sunday night I popped in to one of the local games and actually had a pretty decent night, racking up a little more than $200 in wins for the night. That game is actually pretty interesting as we play a good mix of games from NL hold'em, NL Omaha Hi and Hi/Lo, $1/2 Stud and Razz. I lost a few big pots in Omaha Hi, which at No Limit is fairly insane, when Matt kept ringing me up with nut flushes to my second nut flushes or set over my set. I did get a measure of revenge when I had rolled up queens in stud to his rolled up tens. That was an action pot all the way to the river.

The next night we played the usual $40 sit-n-go and we were 11 handed. Here are the notable hands:

-Didn't play anything until I got AcJc on the button during the second orbit and I limped in with about six others. The flop came down Jack high with two clubs and checked around to me. I made a 2/3 pot bet and got called in two places. The turn was a brick and checked to me again, this time I bet about 30 and got called by both again. River is another brick, they both check, and I bet 45 this time and only get called by one. Turns out I was up again AJ and KJ, but the other AJ folded and I took down a decent sized pot

-Didn't play much for the next thirty minutes until I got pocket three's and tried to limp in with four other players. The BB was shortstacked and pushed for his remaining T100, he got called by the original raiser and the other three of us folded. Here's how the hands had shaken out:

AK - JJ - 44 - 55 - 33.

The flop came KK4, turn was 5, river was J. That was pretty interesting to watch, I would love to have seen that betting play out differently.

-Got bluffed off a decent hand and was getting shortstacked when I got Ah3h on the button and called with three others with blinds at 5/10 . Flop came with a 7h6h3c and PokerDon made it 75 to go from the BB, I pushed my remaining 131 into the middle and spiked an Ace on the river to make a better two pair than his 67 offsuit.

-Got aggressive and picked up some pots, made some very good reads and then the big hand of the night came when I raised five-handed with two black Aces. Footloose was the chipleader over me by about 80 chips and pushed his whole stack in. My heart rate accelerated to about 200 on that move, and the shortstack also moved in his last 130 in chips and I called. Footloose had Jacks and the shortstack had fours. My Aces held up and I had T1400 of the 2200 in play.

Got heads up pretty quickly with an 1800-400 advantage and was wearing him down with pressure when we got the money in with K4 suited, he had clubs and I had spades. Of course he made his flush but I was able to wear him back down and finally took him out about ten minutes later.

I had had a pretty good feeling about the tourney and was lucky to finally get cards at the end of the tournament instead of the beginning as had been the case as of late. Tonight I will be back at Lucky's to try and earn some more points toward their freeroll.

The next post will be a hand analysis in a few of the different games we've played lately, hopefully to get away from this monotonous crap I've been mostly posting lately.

If there's anything any readers might want to discuss, I'd love to hear about it, maybe generate some worthwhile discussion on here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares