Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Wanted: Poker Players

The games that I've been in have kind of dried up lately. The roll call at the Warehouse has dwindled down to a single table, Monday nights have turned into a six or seven handed cash game instead of fourteen person tournaments and I'm tired of beating the same old players night in and night out. That last one was for you, Don.

So it seems I'm going to have to step up and take my game to some new locations, Vulmer and Garland. Apparently the Vulmer games are a seven nights a week extravaganza of poker, featuring $1/2 No Limit, $5/10 Limit, and $5/10 SHOE. I may also be taking on an interesting task of trying to bring some of my friends up to speed on the game. Right now I'm calling it the Poker Developmental League, we'll see if I can make this work.

I've really been trying to work on a few of my female friends to take up poker because of what I feel is the inherent advantage that women have over men with this game. Beyond generally advanced intuition, men just cannot take losing to a woman. Or, better yet, do not want to beat a beautiful woman. As I've been following the WSOP coverage I became convinced of this certainty as there is no way I could concentrate on my cards or tells or anything else for that matter if I were sitting across from, say, Jennifer Tilly. Dealer: "Sir, the action is on you..." Me: "Mmmmm, boobs....errr, uh-". Sidetracking for a moment, if that's the kind of action that pro poker players are getting these days, it definitely encourages me to keep going with this. If Phil Laak can get someone like Jen Tilly, there's something to this mystique, 'cause he is one crazy sonuvabitch.

It's been fairly interesting lately as I've met a slew of new people in the area outside of pokerdom to answer the following question, "So, what do you do for a living?", with, "I play poker." Depending on the person I either get, "Oh, cool," and then they quickly move on or it leads into a thirty minute conversation on everything poker. My parents would certainly not be thrilled that this is where I'm heading but the occasional interview in banking keeps them satisfied for the moment. It's all cash related anyways, right? I'm putting in my eight hours a day, they just happen to be between 8pm and 4am.

Hmmm, 7:30pm.... time to get ready for work...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares