Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Friday, May 06, 2005

How do you know when it's going to be a good session?

Simple.

You get dealt 7 2 offsuit on your first hand. Bump it up three bucks, get reraised to nine and flat call. Flop comes King high, you catch nothing and you lead out for fifteen bucks and your opponent lays down his pocket Jacks. Then you look him in the eye and say, "This is a little something some friends and I like to call, 'The Hammer'," and throw it face up in the middle of the table as you pull your money in.

Everyone at the table seemed to appreciate it. Sorry, Footloose, it had to be done.

And so it came to pass that I had my first winning session at the Warehouse last night. We were playing $.25/$.50 NL as has apparently become the game of choice on Thursday evenings. I had bought in for $60 but after a couple more people showed up and a few big pots moved around, I put $50 in cash under my chips which put it in play if I needed it. Second best decision I made all night as three hands later I decide to make a move on a pot. I get J5 clubs in Early Position (EP) and bring it in for a raise to $3. I get two callers and the flop comes K74 with two clubs. I lead out for nine bucks, Footloose calls and the other guy folds. Turn is a brick and I lead out for $15 and Footloose smooth calls me again. River is the Ace of clubs. Footloose is a pretty aggressive player and I knew he sensed something was off with my preflop and flop action, so I looked at him and told him he was all-in. I didn't realize he had an additional thirty bucks hidden behind his stacks of chips but he went ahead and called and showed me 79 of clubs. He was more than a little heartbroken, he thought I was trying to buy the pot with a pair of Kings.

Toward the end of the night I got QJ hearts in the big blind and lead out for a $4 raise as had become the table standard at that point. I got everyone out except for one new guy and he had been an absolute rock. I'm talking Stonehenge, I think he had played like four hands the entire time he had been there. Flop comes mostly black and Jack high. I lead out for ten bucks and he calls, the turn brings the King of diamonds, putting two on the board. Without hesistating I lead out for $20 and he stares me down for a minute before he reaches deep and raises me another $40. He seemed more than surprised when I didn't even pause before going all-in. He looks at me and says, "I guess I got a little greedy, huh?" I give him a little shrug and after two minutes he pushes it all to the middle and turns over Q 10 offsuit for an open-ended straight draw (OESD). I think he thought he had the three queens as outs as well when he made his decision but he didn't catch on the river and I gathered in his $130 from the pot. Finally made it into a hand at the Warehouse and didn't get sucked out on. It's a marvelous feeling.

I stopped about fifteen minutes later and all told for the evening, $300 win. $60 an hour ain't a bad salary, I hope it can continue.

Comments:
you are due for an update.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares