Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Warehouse, Episode III: The Diamonds Strike Back

So I wasn't even going to play poker tonight. I had a decent afternoon playing some satellites on FTP and was starting to feel good about my game again. I was just gonna go out tonight, hit up Tiki's with my friend who was begging me to go out and then come on home and watch some television. Then my friend blows me off, I'm downtown with nothing to do, so I figure "what the hell," and I head on over to the Warehouse.

I get there about 11pm, expecting to find the place crammed like it usually is on Tuesday night. There were six of us. A nice quiet game. I buy in for $100, the big blind is on me and I look down at 82 offsuit. No one raises the pot so I get a look at the flop for free and it comes with a beautiful 872. Daddy takes it down for about $35. Holy shit! I'm up at the Warehouse!

A few hands later I get into it with Uncle Rob when both of us were chasing a spade draw, nothing happens but I had the nut draw and he was on King high, so I take in another $25. There must be some mistake here, I don't win at the Warehouse. I dump off about $40 when I have AQ diamonds and the flop comes AJ4. I lead in, but not enough, because Taj is playing middle pair and catches his set on the turn and that's all she wrote for my profits.

"You must be kicking yourself for not walking out when you could. Bad judgement... but don't worry son, it will all be over soon."

Uneventful hands for a while until I get pocket sixes. Under the gun pots to make it two dollars, I pot again and make it seven dollars, Pierce calls my seven and Taj pots again to make it $24 more to go. A couple reluctant folds and it's back around to me. I've just watched Taj take down about four pots with stone cold bluffs so I'm thinking I could very easily be ahead in this hand. Or, option B; I could be a 4.5-1 underdog. But this is poker, right? You gotta have iron balls sometimes and just put your damn money in. Especially in this crazy ass game at the Warehouse, where apparently if you are behind, you will win. So I call knowing I need to hit my six to do anything after the flop, Pierce folds, and the cards come J96. YAHTZEE! Taj is first to act, puts the rest of his money in and I immediately call. He asks me forlornly if I hit a set as he turns over his pocket Aces. It was appparently option B: 4.5-1 underdog... I'm one damn lucky bastard. The guys on either side of me folded Big Slick, so his other two Aces are dead.

A big fat $183 pot is coming over to me-- third diamond on the turn... [Taj has the Ace of diamonds] ... fourth diamond on the river... Taj hits his nut flush with runner runner diamonds and takes it down.

"It hurts doesn't it? You can't believe what fell..."

Left me with $4.75 and I get it all in on the next hand with J10 offsuit. I get three callers and the flop comes J73. That feels pretty good. They start building the side pot but after a call and a re-raise, I'm head up with the guy to my right who turns over pocket threes. Turn is a queen, and just to kick me in the balls, the river is a Jack too...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares