Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Friday, April 29, 2005

Mentally exhausted...

From trying to figure out how the hell some people play poker. I really have wanted to get away from posting bad beat stories and the like but some of the play I have seen this week really has boggled the mind.

#1: In the small blind with AK offsuit, it folds around to the button who limps in, I raise to 3x the BB. The BB calls and so does the button. Flop comes KJ5 rainbow. I lead out for a pot bet, BB folds, Button reraises me all-in. I call, he shows K7 offsuit. The turn was a 7 and I got no love on the river. Howsabaabltlewoitugnasg???!?!??!?!

#2: Earlier in this same tournament, again in the small blind, I have 10 8 diamonds. There is a min raise from EP, and five callers before it comes to me. I call, as does the BB. Flop comes 852 with two hearts. I lead out for a pot bet of around 1200, and it folds around to the cutoff who calls. The turn is a 3, so I put him in for his remaining 1260 chips which he calls. He had flopped a set of fives.

It's at this point where some jackass pipes in with the following comment, "Calling a raise with 10 8 is asking for trouble," hardy har har. Now, I had just been moved onto this table, and apparently a number of the players had gotten chummy over the first hour of the tournament. The very next hand I took down a decent sized pot when one of his buddies had called my preflop raise with 10 8 suited and didn't make his draw. Nothing to say? Hmmmm.

I did at least get to stick around and see him get knocked out when he called a preflop raise with KQ. The flop came K high. He led out, got reraised and he smooth called. Turn was a brick he led out, got reraised all-in and he called. Guy had Aces and Jackass was knocked out. I took the opportunity to revert to third grade and type in, "That's what you get for calling a raise with a hand like KQ."

"Oh, you wouldn't have called a raise with KQ for 600 chips when you have 7500?"

"Hard to say, but I probably wouldn't have called his reraise on the flop or his reraise on the turn though."

Silence.

#3: Today I was trying to satellite in to the $50K guarantee on FTP. Hand #1 I get pocket queens under the gun and raise 3x. Get called by the next seat, it folds around and the flop comes KJ10. I lead out for a pot bet of 225 and get immediately reraised all-in. I put the guy on a big Ace like AK or AQ. If it's AQ I have to hit one of the three remaining Aces to make a split pot. If it's AK I can't hit any queen, and basically have to hit the three Aces or the nines to win a pot. I just don't like the draw, so I lay it down. He shows AK.

Very next hand I get dealt Aces in the big blind. There are three limpers, the small blind calls and I raise 3x again. The limpers call and the SB folds. Flop comes 642 with two spades. I decide to let them set the action as I figure one of them will get involved. I check, first limper min bets 30, second limper raises to 400, third limper flat calls, I reraise all-in for another 615 chips. First limper folds, and the other two limpers flat call. The turn is an 8 of clubs. First limper pushes in for his remaining 315 which the other guy also has remaining and he calls. First limper had 56 clubs, second limper had 57 offsuit in red. DAORJHQORGALSKMGF!?!??!

He called a preflop raise with 57 offsuit. Then he called a double re-raise with an OESD after the flop with a flush draw on the board, so instead of eight outs, he possibly only had six. The second play is a lot less questionable than his first decision, but still kind of silly to be putting your tournament at risk on a 5-1 one shot when you have to believe you're already behind. You've still got 1000 chips left before you call my all-in. Oh well, he got there and that was that.

Pocket queens and pocket aces and I was knocked out on hand two. What a game.

I'll post more this weekend about the ridiculousness that was the hour I spent at the Warehouse last night. It was entertaining as always.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares