Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Saturday, April 02, 2005

*deep breath* 10... 9... 8... 7...

[long string of expletives deleted]

It happened so fast I'm still not sure exactly what happened. Playing the $50K guaranteed on FTP this afternoon, killing time in between my live games. $109, gone. I hardly got to know ya, Benjamin...

I'm in the small blind with J6 offsuit, three limpers so I call and the BB checks it. Flop comes 9 10 J, with two diamonds. First to act, I decide to push it and see what happens. Fold, fold, caller and a fold. Turn is a 6 of spades. JENGA! Pot is 1600 and I have T1380 left, so I go all-in. Called by an A10. Called by an Ace Ten?!?!?

River is immediately an Ace, I lose and the table is broken up so I don't even get to see what on earth possessed her to call. In order to make myself feel moderately better I'm going to pretend that she had diamonds in her hand. Of course, I also watched her call a $250 preflop raise with K5, so I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to convince myself she had the draw too. Ace [expletive deleted] 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today may be the day of tough beats for me. Played a tournament early this morning and got knocked out when the river made my straight and his flush. Then I hosted a big game this afternoon and was running pretty well after ruining my boy Ryan's afternoon. Caught him bluffing at a missed flop when I had middle pair and took about 2/3 of his stack. Got the rest of it when he had 10 5 clubs in the big blind and I had J2 clubs in the little blind and we both flopped the flush. So we're down to five players (top three paid) and I look down at the Hilton sluts (pocket queens for my non-poker addict friends). I raise to $500, get reraised to $800 and I push all-in. Without hesitation the call comes from the end of the table, so immediately I know I'm screwed and wait to see Aces or Kings. Ace-King. Huh? He didn't realize how much I had left in my stack and thought I was pushing with small pair or smaller ace. He is kind enough to tell me that if he had realized how much I had left, he might have laid it down. No worries, the Ace comes on the flop and I'm out.

Top hands that can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned:

1. Jacks
2. Tens
3. Queens
4. Ace Ten offsuit [many expletives deleted]

Oh well, one hour and we'll start live game numero dos today. Maybe I can recoup my losses and go out and drink off the anger of getting called with Ace Ten off- er, I mean, diamonds... she had to have the diamonds to call....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares