Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

0-3

Tried two more of the FTP Bracelet Race tournies today. I was out in the first fifteen minutes both times. In the PLO tourney I got knocked out when the flop came J87 and he made J8, I had J7. In the PLH tourney... well, I'll describe that below.

If things don't improve by the end of this month, I think I may just take May off for the most part and try and regroup.

I'm going to post my fatal hand from the PLH tourney tonight:

In the cutoff with 89 spades, two limpers before it gets min raised to 60 by the seat in front of me. I call, one other caller and then the flop comes 567 rainbow. How to play this flop... hmmmm? The raiser leads out for 1/2 pot, I call, other player folds and the turn is a 6 of clubs, putting two clubs on the board. Raiser bets 250, I raise to 750 and he calls. I really, really don't like that. River is the eight of clubs, he leads out for his remaining chips, which barely has me covered. I call, and naturally, he had A5 clubs. Ugh. Maybe I should have seen the flush coming, but I really thought he might have been on the straight draw and just couldn't see laying that down.

But my favorite hand I've seen online lately was in a satellite SNG I played the other day. I folded preflop but here was the action I watched:

UTG raises to 60, UTG+1 calls as do two others.

Flop is Kh 3c 8c.

UTG bets 30. UTG+1 raises to 360. Two others fold, UTG calls.

Turn is Qh.

UTG bets 30. UTG+1 raises to 300 and UTG calls.

River is 4c.

UTG checks, UTG+1 checks.

UTG shows QJ offsuit, UTG+1 shows AJ spades.

Come again??!?!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares