Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Never play poker with family...

So over the course of this vacation I've been attempting to teach my family and some close friends how to play. I've covered some of the principles of betting and card selection but apparently I've merely been talking to myself. I tried very, very hard not to let myself fall into that common trap of believing you're better than the game you're playing in. It becomes a very bitter little pill to swallow, though, when you get to the river with your Ace-King and find out your mother called your $10 raise with 83 offsuit and hit the K83 flop. Or when you watch your father call two other people's all-in bets with J2 offsuit, only to hit his 2 and win. After watching all this you can only sit back and laugh and pray to God that you soon get back to a normal poker game where people fold when they're supposed to.

On the semi-normal poker front, my apparent collapse of any and all poker skill continues. I've definitely been playing way loose the last few days. Even though the probabilities have been there for many of my calls, I still should be playing a little smarter and holding my chips for times when I have the hand instead of the gambles to make a hand. I won't get a chance to play any of the big tournaments this weekend unfortunately, but that gives me a week to earn some money back online and hopefully cash in next weekend. Also have at least two big live tournaments this week so hopefully the top three streak will continue there. If I can get in the money in both those tournaments I should be halfway to the WSOP.

Well time to squeeze in a SNG (sit n' go) or two before I get ready for Easter dinner, but until my next post, may all your hands be live and your pots be monst--- damn, I've been watching way too much World Poker Tour...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares