Poker Source Online More than just free online poker gifts! Check out our free poker league.
Play Poker Online
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker
Play poker at the fastest growing online poker room

Monday, March 07, 2005

A brief prologue..

Everyone needs an outlet to get the tough beats off their chest, right? Poker has been a family activity at holiday time for as long as I can remember. Endless games of Follow the Queen, Baseball, Low Chicago and many more marked the beginning of my poker life. I was in college when Rounders hit and I was first introduced to Texas Hold'em. There were poker nights here and there but I ended up getting away from it for the most part outside of holiday games with the family.

Somewhere between Robert Varkonyi and Chris Moneymaker I got sucked back into the craze. There were plenty of games with my older brother, endless hours spent in a staredown over double blind Guts games, neither one of us willing to submit to the other. And as the popularity of hold'em grew I finally got a fateful phone call inviting me to play in my first tournament.

I won $120 with pocket Aces versus Ace-duece.

The next week I went back, and I won $120 with pocket Aces versus Ace-duece.

Eight months later I feel fairly certain I'm certifiably addicted to this game. I've found a few games a week that I play in with friends, mostly NL Hold'em tourneys for $40 buy-ins or so, with the occasional Omaha tournament sprinkled in.

Since I started playing last September I'm up about $2000 between my live games and online play. And I still generally don't know what the hell I'm doing. Therein lies the great thing about poker, even a blind squirrel can get the nuts every once in a while.

So I thought I'd start out on something else that has become a bit of a national craze lately and start my own blog. Hopefully the content that follows this initial post will be much more entertaining. I welcome any and all comments but for now I have to go get ready, poker tourney starts in a couple hours...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares